Article 1. Purpose and Mission
1:01:01 This Club shall be known as the Black Oaks Youth Soccer Club (BOYSC). This Club shall be incorporated as a member club of US Club Soccer.
1:02:01 The purpose of this Club shall be to develop, promote, and administer the game of outdoor soccer among boys and girls under nineteen years of age.
1:03:01 To serve the youth of the community by providing a soccer program that is safe, educational and fun.
- To teach excellent soccer skills by well trained coaches and trainers
- To create an environment and appreciation for the love of the game, and have every player return to the program every season.
- To encourage excellent citizenship by providing positive adult role models who exemplify positive sporting behavior.
- All kids play.
Article 2. Affiliations
2:01:01 This Club shall be an affiliated Club of and shall comply with the authority of the US Club Soccer and NorCal playing leagues. The Club may affiliate with organizations that promote youth soccer.
2:02:01 The Club’s BOD shall be responsible for governing those persons associated with the Club operations.
Article 3. Membership
3:01:01 All youth players registered in the current season with this Club, their parents or legal guardians, coaches of the Club teams, and members of the Board of Directors shall be members of the Club.
3:02 Membership Responsibilities
3:02:01 All members shall abide by the bylaws and General Procedures of this Club and all applicable rules and regulations of the associations with which the Club is affiliated.
3:02:02 All youth applicants for the general membership shall annually submit a properly and truthfully completed registration form and full payment of all dues and fees within the time and on the conditions set by the Board of Directors.
3:02:03 No member shall engage the services of any lawyer or attorney until all avenues of approach of protest and appeals procedures are exhausted through the regular channels of the Club, CYSA, USYSA, and USSF and any affiliated organizations.
3:03 Termination of Membership
3:03:01 A voting or general member may be terminated on the occurrence of any of the following events:
- B. Expiration of the period of membership, unless renewed on the terms fixed by the Board.
- C. Failure to satisfy or maintain membership responsibilities.
- D. Determination by the Board of Directors that the member failed in a material and serious degree to observe the rules and conduct of the League or has engaged in conduct materially and seriously prejudicial to the purposes and interests of the League.
Article 4. Meetings
4:01 Regular Meetings
4:01:01 Meetings of the BOD will be held monthly, with dates and times determined by majority vote at the first meeting of a new BOD.
4:01:02 The agenda of regular meetings shall be as follows:
- A. Call to Order
- B. Roll Call
- C. Introduction of Guests
- D. Acceptance of Minutes of previous meeting(s)
- E. Committee Reports
- F. Correspondence
- G. Reports of Board Members
- H. Unfinished Business
- I. New Business
- J. Good of the Game
- K. Adjournment
4:01:03 Each BOD member in attendance shall be entitled to one (1) vote. Voting by proxy is not allowed. The President shall cast a vote only when the outcome of the vote will be affected by his/her vote.
4:02 Annual General Meeting
4:02:01 The Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be called by the President of the Club, with the concurrence of the BOD, to be held no later than January 15th of the seasonal year. Notification to all voting members shall be made available at least thirty (30) days prior to the AGM.
4:02:02 The order of business at the AGM shall be as follows:
- A. Call to Order
- B. Proposals for Changes to the Bylaws
- C. Roll Call
- D. Election of At Large Board Members
- E. Introduction of Guests
- F. New Business
- G. Acceptance of Minutes of Previous AGM
- H. Good of the Game
- I. Board Member and Committee Reports
- J. Adjournment
4:02:03 Each voting member in attendance shall be entitled to one (1) vote. Voting by proxy is not allowed and only those voting members of record in good standing shall be entitled to voting privileges. The President shall cast a vote only when the outcome of the vote will be affected by his/her vote.
4:03 Special Meetings
4:03:01 The BOD shall meet whenever the President deems it necessary, or if he/she is instructed to do so by four (4) or more members of the BOD. Notice must be given to all BOD members at least one day prior to a meeting.
4:04:01 At all meetings of the Board of Directors, fifty percent (50%) of the BOD membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
4:04:02 The members present at a regular meeting which a quorum is present may continue to transact business until adjournment notwithstanding the withdrawal of enough members to leave less than a quorum, if such action is approved by at least a majority of members required to constitute a quorum.
4:05 Rules of Order The rules contained in Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern this club in all cases in which they do not conflict with the Bylaws, General Procedures and Specific Rules of this Club, CYSA, USCS, USYSA, and USSF, unless otherwise agreed to by the participants.
Article 5. Directors
5:01:01 The governing board, therein after to be known as the “Board of Directors”, shall be comprised of five (5) members elected at large.
5:01:02 Honorary board positions may be created. Honorary members are welcome to all board meetings and may participate in discussion, but may not vote.
5:02 Election and Term of Office
5:02:01 The majority of eligible voting members of the Club present at the annual general meeting shall elect two (2) at large members of the BOD in even numbered years and three (3) at large members in odd numbered years, who shall serve for a period of two (2) years. The term of office shall commence at the January BOD meeting. The immediate past President shall remain President until a new President is elected.
5:03 Board Positions
5:03:01 The Board shall elect among themselves three officers, a President, Vice-President, and Treasurer/Secretary. The duties of a Secretary will be performed by a paid administrative assistant who shall have no voting privileges.
5:03:02 Other board positions will be defined each year by the President with the agreement of the BOD. These positions may be filled by soliciting volunteers or by appointment.
5:04 Duties and Responsibilities
5:04:01 The President shall:
- Conduct all meetings of the BOD.
- Appoint standing committees and their chairpersons as needed to meet the goals and objectives of the Club.
- Manage the administrative assistant to insure that accurate meeting records are kept, correspondence is handled, registration information is collected, notification of meetings is given, and Club files are maintained.
5:04:02 The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President on occasions when the President is absent or is unable or unwilling to act as President. Other duties may be assigned annually by the Board of Directors.
5:04:03 The Treasurer shall, with the aid of the administrative assistant:
- Receive, and give receipt for, all monies, which shall be deposited in a recognized bank in the name of the Club.
- Make payment of all valid debts with a check bearing two (2) signatures. Valid signatures include the Administrative Assistant’s, the Treasurer’s, the President’s, and the Vice President’s.
- Exhibit upon request of the President or Board of Directors, the up-to-date books of accounts and financial records of the Club.
- Prepare an annual Club income tax statement and file by May 15th
5:04:04 Each member of the Board of Directors shall:
- Be thoroughly familiar with the Bylaws and General Procedures and Specific Rules of the Club.
- Attend Club board meetings.
- Perform their assigned job function
5:04:05 The Board of Directors shall not assume, or be liable for, the debts or financial responsibilities, either implied or incurred, of any of its members. The directors shall not be personally liable for the debts, liabilities, or other obligations of the League.
5:04:05 The Board of Directors shall be responsible for and have sole authority for the enforcing and interpreting the Bylaws, General Procedures, and specific Rules of this Club. The Board shall have the responsibility and authority to fundraise as necessary to meet the financial needs of the Club.
Article 6. Committees
6:01 Standing Committees
6:01:01 The Board of Directors will form standing committees each year which are necessary to carry out the goals and objectives of the Club. All members of these committees will be members of the Club. The Board may delegate to these committees any of the powers and authorities of the Board in conducting the activities of the Club.
6:02 Other Committees
6:02:01 The Board of Directors may from time to time designate other committees for the purpose of achieving the goals and objectives of the Club. These committees may have members which are not members of the Club and will act in an advisory capacity only.
Article 7. Amendments
7:01 Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
7:01:01 Each member may submit proposed changes to the existing Bylaws, General Procedures, and Specific Rules to the Club. These proposed changes shall be submitted in writing at least 45 days preceding the AGM.
7:01:02 An amendment to the Articles of Incorporation or Bylaws shall be deemed adopted by an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members present at the AGM.
7:01:03 Any and all amendments to the Bylaws, General Procedures adopted at the AGM shall become effective at the beginning of the seasonal year immediately following the AGM.
7:01:04 Any changes to the existing Bylaws or General Procedures approved at the AGM must be shown in a revised edition of the document. The revised document, clearly marked with the date of revision, must be presented to the Board of Directors within 60 days of the AGM.
Article 8. Dissolution
8:01:01 Should this club be dissolved, all assets remaining after payment of all debts shall be turned over to a non-profit organization approved by the Board of directors.